Boyle Heights City Hall/ Chicago Building
(Los Angeles, CA)
Originally constructed in 1924 as a Masonic temple, the former Chicago Building now serves as the Boyle Heights City Hall. The building housed a series of nonprofit and civic organizations, including the Community Service Organization, until it was purchased by the City of Los Angeles in 2007.
Severely damaged during the 2008 Chino Hills earthquake, the Boyle Heights City Hall officially reopened in August 2013 following costly repairs and retrofitting. The building is now part of the community’s new Civic Center and will eventually house up to 15 city, nonprofit, and community organizations.
Owner: City of Los Angeles