(Los Angeles, CA)
Located on Wilshire Boulevard in the MacArthur Park section of Los Angeles, the Bryson was built in 1913 by real estate developer Hugh W. Bryson. Distinguished by its stone lions and large rooftop “Bryson” sign, the ten-story Beaux Arts style apartment building was designed by architects Frederick Noonan and Charles H. Kysor. The Bryson is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and was designated a Historic Cultural Monument by the Los Angeles Cultural Heritage Commission in 1998.
Beginning in 1999, the Los Angeles Housing Partnership renovated the Bryson into low income housing, including reconfiguring the existing units from 93 to 81 apartments
Owner: Bryson Apartments, LP c/o Los Angeles Housing Partnership
Original Architect: Frederick Noonan and Charles H. Kysor
Restoration Contractor: Spectra Company