Caltech – Crellin Laboratory
The Crellin Laboratories of Chemistry is located on the Caltech Campus in Pasadena, California. Constructed in 1937, the laboratories were gifted by Mr. and Mrs. E.W. Crellin. The 43,110 square foot building was designed by architecture firm Mayers, Murry & Phillip, which designed eleven other buildings at Caltech. Today, a portion of the laboratory is occupied by the Arnold and Mabel Beckman Laboratory of Chemical Synthesis, which was donated by the Beckmans in the mid-1980s.
The Crellin Building is part of a complex that includes the William G. Kerckhoff Laboratories of the Biological Sciences, the Gordon A. Alles Laboratory for Molecular Biology, the Norman W. Church Laboratory for Chemical Biology, the Gates Laboratory of Chemistry Annex, and the Parsons-Gates Hall of Administration.
Original Architect: Mayers, Murray & Phillip
Restoration Contractor: Spectra Company