Located in what is currently referred to as the Arlanza area in the City of Riverside, Camp Anza’s approximately 1,240 acres were purchased by the
U.S. government in 1942. Named in honor of Spanish explorer, Juan Bautista de Anza, Camp Anza was a WWII army camp that served as an embarkation point for soldiers heading to the Pacific Theatre of War. Able to house more than 20,000 men at one time, the camp included two mess halls, an outdoor theatre and reception area, a laundry facility, hospital, two service clubs, and a chapel. Camp Anza was closed in April of 1946.
The former Officer’s Club has been renovated as part of the Home Front at Camp Anza project, which will offer affordable housing for Riverside veterans.
Spectra Company extensively restored the wood exterior of the buildings to their original condition.
Owner: Camp Anza Community Development
Architect: Rodriguez Associates Architects & Planners
Civil Engineer: SB&O Inc.
Structural Engineer: Del Engineering, Inc
General Contractor: Sun Country Builders
Electrical/ Mechanical Engineer: Fard Engineers, Inc