Chapman University -Digital Media Arts Center
This historic building, which has just been completed in its restoration and retrofit for adaptive reuse as a commissary for Chapman University, has quite the lineage. The building was most recently owned by Anaconda Wire & Cable Company Complex (portion formerly California Wire & Cable Company, portion formerly Baja shop Motor Sports) with past existing uses including Performance Testing Laboratories, CFI Distributors, and Chapman University’s Entertainment Technology Center.
The University views the entire complex as one building with a series of additions built-out over time. The existing building complex is a contributing historic resource. Built in 1904, the subject property is listed on the National Registry.
Owner: Chapman University
Architect: AC Martin
Architectural Consultant: Benitt Design Group
Structural Engineer: Edmond Babayan & Associates
Civil Engineer: DRC Engineering
Mechanical Engineer: IDS Group
Food Service Design Consultant: R.W. Smith & Co.
General Contractor: Questar Construction
Restoration Contractor: Spectra Company