Doheny Mansion
(Los Angeles, CA)

The 3 story, 22 room mansion was built in 1899 by architects Theodore Eisen and Sumner Hunt. The exterior of the mansion is a combination of Gothic, Moorish, California Mission, and Chateauesque styles. In 1901, oil baron Edward L. Doheny and his wife bought the mansion and lived a lavish life inside its walls. The mansion was part of Chester Place, a gated community of Victorian mansions. Over time, a majority of the properties were owned by the Dohenys. When Mrs. Doheny died in 1958, Chester place was given to the Catholic Church which then designated it as the Doheny Campus of the Mount St. Mary’s College in 1962.


  • Façade Restoration
  • Ornamental Sandstone Restoration
  • Wood and Steel Window Restoration
  • Lead Remediation
  • Copper Gutter Restoration
  • Historic Woodwork Restoration
  • Historic Door Restoration

  • Historic Iron Grill Restoration Exterior Stucco Restoration
  • Exterior Façade Painting
  • Fabrication of Copper Roof Ornaments Waterproofing
  • Marble Restoration
  • Clay Roof Tile Restoration

Design Team

Original Architect: Gordon Kaufmann
General Contractor: Spectra Company

The Greenest Building Is One That Already Exists