El Dorado Lofts
(Los Angeles, CA)
Designed in 1913 by architect Frederick Noonan, the El Dorado Hotel was originally named the Stowell Hotel, after its builder N.W. Stowell, a capitalist and financier. During its heyday, this glamorous historic hotel was once where Charlie Chaplin and other luminaries resided.
This building has been used as locations for many films including “Minority Report” starring Tom Cruise.
Originally one of the leading hotels of Los Angeles, the El Dorado became a single-occupancy rooming house after the city’s financial district moved to Figueroa Street. In recognition of its historical and cultural significance, the National Trust provided loan money in 2001 to restore the El Dorado Hotel to its original grandeur.
Owner: MSGG El Dorado Realty Partners, LLC.
Original Architect: Fredrick Noonan
Historic Architect: Rockefeller Partners Architects, Inc.
Historic Consultant: Historic Resources Group
Structural Engineer: John A. Martin & Associates
General Contractor: City Constructors Inc.