Ford Motor Plant
(Los Angeles, CA)
Located at Seventh & Santa Fe, the former Ford Motor Assembly Plant was built in 1912. The industrial complex served as Ford Motor Company’s primary Southern California assembly operations for Model T’s and Model A’s until a new factory was opened in Long Beach. From 1972 to 2005, the property was used as the headquarters for the Imperial Toy Company. There are plans to redevelop the three-building complex (totaling 300,542 square feet) into a creative office campus with ground floor retail space and parking.
Owner: Shorenstein Properties LLC
Architect: Rockefeller Partners Architects
General Contractor: Hathaway Dinwiddie