The original town of Guasti was founded by Italian immigrant Secondo Guasti in 1904 and grew, with the winery’s employees and their families, around what became the largest vineyard and winery operation in the world. Today, giant trees on the site date back more than a century, and the Guasti mansion serves as a historic centerpiece.
The adaptive reuse project is ultimately planned to encompass 400,000 square feet of retail and restaurants, 600,000 square feet of office space, residential units and two hotels. It will sit on 55 acres of former vineyard territory within the city's Ontario Airport Metro Center submarket.
Historic Clay Tile Roofin
Owner: Oliver McMillan Guasti L.L.C
Original Architect: Hudson & Munsell
Historic Architect: Delawie Wilkes Rodrigues Barker Architects
Historic Consultant: Thirtieth Street Architects, Inc.
Structural Engineer: CSSI Structural Engineers
General Contractor: Oltman’s Construction