Jensen – Alvarado Historic Ranch
The Jensen-Alvarado Historic Ranch and Museum was built between 1868 and 1870 by retired sea captain Cornelius Jensen and his wife, Mercedes Alvarado. The Danish vernacular style home was one of California’s first clay brick buildings. Administered by Riverside County Parks, the ranch is currently a 1880s living history museum.
The Jensen-Alvarado Historic Ranch is a registered California Historical Landmark and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.
Owner: Riverside County Regional Park and Open-Space District
General Contractor: Spectra Company