Mayfield Senior School
The Marshall-Eagle Estate was built by E.J. Marshall between 1914 and 1919. In 1950, the estate was purchased by Dr. Charles and Vera Strub and donated to the Society of the Holy Child Jesus. Renamed Strub Hall, the house now serves as the main campus building for the Mayfield Senior School of the Holy Child Jesus. The school was founded in 1931 as an independent Catholic college preparatory school for young women.
Spectra Company performed an extensive restoration of the Mayfield Senior School. The ornamental concrete balcony on the south façade of Strub Hall and concrete porte-cochere were completely restored. Strub Hall’s wood windows and doors were restored and refinished. The pergola in the school’s gardens was also restored. Cracks and spalls in the concrete were repaired and the decorative panels and tiles were restored.
Owner: Mayfield Senior School
General Contractor: Spectra Company