Mount St. Mary’s College
(Los Angeles, CA)
Mount St. Mary’s College is an all-female college located in the foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains. The college was established in 1925 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. For the first three years of their operation, Mount St. Mary’s College was located on Slauson Street and Crenshaw Boulevard in Los Angeles. In 1928, the college moved to its current Santa Monica location where it continued to expand. In 1948, they bought 56 acres of adjacent land, and in 1962, a second campus was opened new Downtown Los Angeles.
Owner: Mount St. Mary’s College
Original Architect: M2A Milofsky, Michali & Cox Architects
Electrical/Mechanical/Plumbing Engineer: Innovative Engineering Group
Structural Engineer: Structural Focus
Restoration Contractor: Spectra Company