Old Police Headquarters
(san Diego, CA)
Built in 1939, the Old Police Headquarters is located in the Seaport District of San Diego, California. The 104,000 square foot station brought the once segmented San Diego police system under one roof. Local architects Edward and Charles Quayle and Alberto Treganze designed the Spanish Colonial station with state of the art facilities. These facilities included a 274 bed jail, 4 courtrooms, an emergency hospital, an indoor shooting range, a law library, and a 17,000 square foot automobile garage. San Diego police utilized the space from 1939 to 1987, when they moved to a larger facility. The property sat vacant until 2008 when it was bought and rehabilitated by Terramar Retail Centers. It is now a shopping and dining destination. The Old Police Headquarters is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the California Register of Historical Resources.
Owner: Terramar Retail Centers
General Contractor: Legacy Building Services
Restoration Contractor: Spectra Company
Original Architect: Edward and Charles Quayle & Alberto Treganze