The construction of Old Pasadena took place from 1870-1890. It was during this time that original wood framed structures were replaced with detailed multi-story masonry buildings. In the 1920’s many of the original facades were altered to exemplify California Mediterranean architecture which included intricate detailing, arched windows, terra cotta, and various styles of cornices. In 1976 the Cultural Heritage Commission was formed in order to save these historic buildings from demolition and in 1984 they were placed on the National Register of Historic Places.
General Contractor: Spectra Company