Riverside County Courthouse
Completed in 1904, the Riverside County Courthouse was designed by Los Angeles architects Burnham and Bliesner. The beaux-arts classical style of the building’s façade is modeled after the Grand Palace and Petite Palace from the 1900 Paris Exposition (World’s Fair). The courthouse has undergone several renovations including a seismic upgrade in 1995. The building also houses the Riverside Superior Court’s Executive Offices and the Human Resources Department.
Spectra restored the exterior brick masonry walls, including closely matching the original brick and mortar.
Owner: County of Riverside Economic Development Agency
Original Architect: Burnham and Bliesner of Los Angeles
Architect: WestGroup Designs, Inc.
Restoration Contractor: Spectra Company
General Contractor: Watkins Landmark Construction