Santa Monica City Hall
(Santa Monica, CA)
During America’s Great Depression, President Roosevelt allocated several billion dollars to Public Works Administration (PWA) projects in an attempt to stimulate the economic condition of the Country. Constructed in 1938, the Santa Monica City Hall is one of these designated PWA projects and has served as the center of the city’s civic life for more than 60 years. The architects of this Deco Moderne building were Donald B. Parkinson and Joseph M. Estep. The City Hall building has been designated as a Santa Monica Landmark and is on the California Register of Historical Resources.
Owner: City of Santa Monica
Original Architect: Donald B. Parkinson and Joseph M. Estep
Historic Consultant: PCR Services