(Santa Monica, CA)
Built in the 1890’s, this “shotgun house” will be used as the Preservation Resource Center for the Santa Monica Conservancy. The 468-square-foot house is one room wide and three rooms deep, typical of this style of building. Originating in the Caribbean, these houses were used as vacation cottages in the early days of Santa Monica.
Owner: Santa Monica Conservancy
Historic Consultant: Historic Resources Group