St. James by the Sea Episcopal Church
(La Jolla, CA)
St. James by the Sea Episcopal Church is located in La Jolla, California. The original church was constructed in 1907 and was built in the Spanish Colonial style. The bell tower was designed by San Diego-based architect Louis Gill in 1928 and was inspired by the Campo Florida in Mexico. The congregation soon grew too large for its space. In 1929, the original church structure was moved, and a larger church was built. The new structure was again designed by Louis Gill and could hold 450 people, compared to the 250 the original structure held. In 1930, construction of the bell tower and the chapel are completed, and in 1937, the interior of the church is completed.
Clay Roof Tile Replacement
Cobble Stone Wall Restoration
Cast Stone Restoration, Cleaning, Repointing
General Contractor: Grunow Construction
Historic Architect: Curry Price Court Structural Engineers