University of Reno – Thompson Building
Opened in 1920, the University of Reno’s Thompson Building is named in honor of Dr. Reuben C. Thompson, who taught at the university from 1908 to 1948 and established the Department of Philosophy. The Georgian-style building was designed by local architect Frederick De Longchamps. The Thompson Building, as well as the campus layout and several other campus buildings, was modeled after Thomas Jefferson’s University of Virginia in Richmond.
The Thompson Building originally housed the university’s College of Education. The department operated from the Thompson building until 1969, when the department moved to a larger facility. It now hosts various student academic programs
Spectra Company performed restoration of the exterior façade, including terra cotta and brick façade restoration.
Owner: University of Reno
Architect: GML Architects, Inc.
Civil Engineer: Odyssey Engineering, Inc.
Structural Engineer: Ferrari Shields & Associates
Mechanical Engineer: Ainsworth & Associates
Electrical Engineer: PK Electrical, Inc.
General Contractor: Geney/Gassiot
Resoration Contractor: Spectra Company