Virginia Robinson Gardens
Beverly Hills, CA
Built in 1911, the Estate for Virginia and Harry Winchester Robinson was designed by Virginia’s father, Nathaniel Dryden. Harry Winchester Robinson was the founder and owner of the Robinson’s Department Store. Built on land originally owned by the founder of Beverly Hills, it was the first luxury estate built in Beverly Hills. The estate hosted some of Los Angeles’s most lavish parties which included party goers such as Charlie Chaplin, Mae West, Agnes Moorhead, Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. The estate and grounds were given to the County of Los Angeles after Virginia’s death in 1977 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Terra Cotta Paver Restoration/Replication