Catalina Casino

The Catalina Casino was built by chewing gum magnate William Wrigley Jr.   Designed by Sumner A. Spaulding and Walter Webber, Catalina Casino was the first completely circular building at the date of its completion in 1929. It housed the first movie theater designed for movies with sound. The 12-story structure also housed a ballroom on the top floor. The Art Deco and Mediterranean Revival inspired building has served as an entertainment venue for Santa Catalina Island for over eight decades.

Spectra completed a wide variety of services as a part of its rehabilitation – including façade restoration, ornamental cast stone, decorative painting, faux finish, structural repairs, preservation consulting and much more.

Scope of Work

Brick • Concrete Repair • Decorative Metal • Decorative Paintings & Murals • Facade Rehabilitation • Lighting & Chandeliers • Materials Restoration • Ornamental Plaster • Plaster • Preservation Consulting • Restoration Painting & Coatings • Self-Perform • Stone • Structural Retrofit • Waterproofing/Roofing • Wood Doors • Wood Windows

Awards

Los Angeles Conservancy 2012



Related Projects