Anaheim Packing House
City of Anaheim
Historic Preservation Architect
Thirtieth Street Architects, Inc.
Tovey/Shultz Construction, Inc.
The Anaheim Packing House was originally built as a Sunkist citrus packing house and is one of the few remaining buildings from the agricultural Packing House era. Built in 1919, the Mission Revival packing house was used to wash, grade, and pack citrus prior to being transported across the Country. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2015 under the historic name, the Anaheim Orange and Lemon Association Packing House.
The packing house was adaptively reused into a food hall and market place with a large atrium and outdoor dining spaces. It now houses many restaurants and commercial vendors and is a lively addition to the Anaheim area.
In 2011, Spectra Company was contracted to restore the building and bring it back to its original condition. This project received the California Preservation Foundation Preservation Design Award in 2013.
Scope of Work
Adaptive Reuse • Architectural Woodwork • Concrete Repair • Decorative Paintings & Murals • Facade Rehabilitation • Materials Restoration • Plaster • Restoration Painting & Coatings • Self-Perform • Wood Doors • Wood Floors • Wood Windows
California Preservation Foundation 2013