City of San Bernardino
Milford Wayne Donaldson
The 1918 Mission Revival Style passenger rail terminal, with some Moorish Revival details, was designed by architect W.A. Mohr and is home to both Amtrak and Metrolink lines. At the time of its original opening, the San Bernardino Santa Fe Depot was the largest railway station west of the Mississippi River. The station was heavily used during the 20th century, but saw declines due to automobile, bus, and air travel.
In 1972, the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway (ATSF) transferred its passenger service to Amtrak and Metrolink began its services in 1993. San Bernardino Associated Governments (SANBAG) acquired the depot in 1992. SANBAG and the City of San Bernardino later raised the funds to head a complete restoration of the depot. SANBAG, Metrolink and the City of San Bernardino all now have offices within the building.
Architectural Woodwork • Facade Rehabilitation • Lighting & Chandeliers • Materials Restoration • Plaster • Restoration Painting & Coatings • Self-Perform • Wood Doors • Wood Windows