Museum of Man
(San Diego, CA)
In 1915 the Panama-California Exposition opened its doors with The Story of Man through the Ages exhibit. In 1942 the name was changed to what we know today as the San Diego Museum of Man due to the Museum’s concentration on anthropology. During World War II the Museum was converted into a hospital and later returned to its original state in 1951.
Owner: City of San Diego
Original Architect: Bertram Goodhue
Historic Architect: Heritage Architecture & Planning
Structural Engineer: Miller Jaquess Structural Engineers
General Contractor: Fordyce Construction