Historic Preservation Architect
Thirtieth Street Architects
Harris and Associates
The Irvine Ranch was established by James Irvine in the 1860’s. Over the years, multiple buildings were added to accommodate the success of farming operations that took place on the property. Irvine Ranch was once California’s largest producers of Valencia oranges, beans and barley.
Orange County Parks adopted a Master Plan to restore the ranch to its period of significance from 1876 to 1947. Spectra Company oversaw the rehabilitation of seven of the original buildings as the General Contractor. The buildings restored by Spectra Company included the Mess Hall, Bath House, Early office and several structures on Foreman’s Row, to name a few. The project also included site and accessibility improvements and the restoration of an original wallpaper mural. These structures now house offices for the OC Parks department.
Architectural Woodwork • Decorative Paintings & Murals • Facade Rehabilitation • General Contracting • Restoration Painting & Coatings • Selective Demolition/Abatement • Self-Perform • Structural Retrofit • Wall-Coverings • Waterproofing/Roofing • Wood Doors • Wood Windows